Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The trip and safe arrival on the Toddler Plane!

I have to admit, as flights and times went I can't complain. The Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) Lady at the gate in Allentown tried to take my toothpaste in the name of National Security. Being the hard headed type I guessed this was all an evil plot promoted by the toothpaste manufacturer's themselves in order to make travellers buy TWO tubes ---the one you have to throw away at the airport and the one ya buy after your final destination. I went back up and put it in my already checked suitcase which had to be re-checked again by TSA.

The flight from ABE to Cleveland was just fine --- mostly sleepy business travellers with laptops, I-Phones and Blackberry's. Then a quick change of planes in at Cleveland Hopkins and then off to LA.

This flight was not the most pleasant. I was surrounded by LOTS of toddlers (maybe 6 or more). One right behind me on his parent's lap and who gave my seat a good kick every time I was almost asleep. There were lots of whiners and criers and one or two up and down the aisle types. One mother thought we would all enjoy having her child touch our legs as he went up the aisle and didn't bother to correct the child as he fiddled with the emergency door latch. I gently slipped the buckle of my seatbelt back in place as my mind went to the child perhaps opening the emergency door and being sucked out along with Mom and other sibling---problem solved I thought....

Finally we landed and Laura picked my up at Terminal 6 at LAX. We drove southeast to Anaheim. The weather was sunny and very cool in LA but warmer here in more inland Anaheim. Laura and I had lunch after I checked in and found my room in the labyrinth this place is! I need a GPS devise or breadcrumbs to find my room each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment